Unicor.gov provides federal agency customers with ecommerce capabilities to purchase goods and services online. The scope of this project is to consolidate the various product lines and services by streamlining their current business processes and creating a unified look and feel for unicor.gov. Our team is gathering requirements from all the business groups, defining ecommerce best practices processes and recommending a COTS software solution.
Solution and Results
IT Concepts consultants took an “Enterprise Architecture” perspective when supporting this customer. The project started with a comprehensive assessment of the current-state of the business and critical business processes that would become the drivers for the new target-ecommerce application. It was followed by demonstrations and an alternatives analysis of conceptual solutions. Our team supported the definition of target-state standards using facilitated sessions and helped create governance boards by bridging executives and technologists.
The solutions include:
- Data Collection – Requirements and Constraints for Target-State
- Business Process Analysis
- Web 2.0 and Technology Integration
- Development of Requirements Traceability Matrix, Functional Requirements Document and Testing Plan methodology
- Portfolio Management and Planning
- Enterprise infrastructure and architecture design and support